Our instruments require manual installation into Kontakt (at present, they do not use Kontakt’s ‘Add Library’ method).
Once you’ve downloaded the instrument folder from the link our service provider sent you via email, copy that folder to a hard drive location of your choice.
If the folder is still in its original ‘.zip’ format, double-click on the file to decompress it. Once complete, you will now have the instrument folder ready to install into Kontakt.
We’re going to add your new instrument’s ‘.nki’ file (within the instrument folder you downloaded) to Kontakt’s Quick Load area. To do this…
- Right Mouse Click in area (1) to open the Quick Load area.
- Click on Kontakt’s Files tab (2).
- In area (3), locate the Analogue Instruments – [Instrument Name] folder you just copied to your computer. Click on the folder to open it in area (4).
- From area (4), drag the ‘Analogue Instruments – [Instrument Name].nki’ into the Quick Load area (5).
- Within the Quick Load area (5), Double Click on the Analogue Instruments – [Instrument Name].nki to open the instrument.
- To quickly re-load the instrument at any time, Right Click anywhere in area (1) to reopen Kontakt’s Quick Load area.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND KEEPING A BACK-UP OF THE INSTRUMENT ON A SEPARATE HARD DRIVE…JUST INCASE